Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

never again

5 posters

Go down

never again Empty never again

Post  Bloodfart Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:48 pm

i bet you any money you like it will be the same as all his large festival appearances, 30,000 old hippies all singing along and clapping their hands out of time with the music when he isn't singing, a total waste of £50 and fuel to get there i definitely will not be there. i saw him at the Apollo and thank god he told the old hippies to shut the fk up as it was being recorded. was a nice intimate gig for a change. i can't think of anything worse than paying that sort of cash to see Neil young only to not hear him because you always end up surrounded by idiots who think you paid and travelled to listen to them clapping and singing! It's bound to be a terrible experience, and he hasn't even changed the set list that much throughout the whole tour which in my opinion is just lazy. keep on rocking in the free world...BORING!!!!!! My advice is avoid at all cost and save your money!!!!!

Bloodfart

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

never again Empty you missed out! ha, ha,

Post  shakeymc Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:20 am

Excellent surpporting acts, Neil at his finist, great crowd, venue spot on, the only boring bit was reading your post.

shakeymc

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

never again Empty and in real life...

Post  reecemcgibbonson Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:00 am

Great day - I'm afraid Mr Bloodfart got it a tiny bit wrong in all cases (and needs to find a life). Also needs to find either spectacles or the ability to read: the song lists change every night on this Euro Tour.

And Primal Scream were a gas as well.

reecemcgibbonson

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

never again Empty Absolutely again

Post  Luke1976 Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:26 am

It was great to go to a festival that was only interested in the music. No massive signs telling me to buy Carling or Virgin or touts on the door trying to sign me up for a credit card or mobile phone. Just some great acts in a good space. Rain was a problem but even that sorted itself out during Rufus Wainwright's 'hallelujah'.

Could have done with more toilets and perhaps more areas of alternative entertainment (a circus tent?); other than that we'll be going again next year. And Neil Young was ace - I'd never seen him live so to see 'Heart of Gold, 'Needle and the Damage Done' etc etc was a thrill.

Luke1976

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

never again Empty Re: never again

Post  nickcooper1976 Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:24 pm

What a miserable **** you are bloodfart

If you want to go to a festival where everyone is silent, not moving, and not responding to the music then you will be disappointed. Festivals are about fun and enjoyment, get over it.

nickcooper1976

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

never again Empty Re: never again

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum