Crazy Horse or Pearl Jam for Neil!

Go down

Crazy Horse or Pearl Jam for Neil!

Post  Fishck on Tue May 06, 2008 2:35 pm

There is no contest here at all. You all know it can only ever be The mighty Crazy Horse. I have seen both groups play with Neil and PJ looked as if they shouldn't even be on stage with him ( Reading mirrorball tour) the best thing about the gig was when they (pj) left stage for neil to play solo for 45 mins or so. I mean the guitarist couldn't even smash his guitar, Neil again stepped over and above the mark showing him how it was done!!! he he.
On the other hand crazyhorse playing with neil @ phoenix '95 (could have been '96 so much a##d about at those times one loses track) still rates as my no.1 gig, even better than Radiohead @Glasto (ok computer). Totally mindblowing a great supporting bill b4 them too. All for free as this was piss easy to get into, Each track was jammed out and like a hurricane was fierce!
So if Neil is bringing some old friends over to play with please let it be Crazy Horse and leave those Pearl Jam boys back in some garage, practising as they sure need to.And as Neil has played twice for free for me I am more than glad to buy a ticket for this one but not happy on the ban on bringing your own DRINK & FOOD!!! Where there's a will , there's a way.

Ride 23

Fishck

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crazy Horse or Pearl Jam for Neil!

Post  Alexi on Sat May 10, 2008 10:06 am

Well isnt it a small world lol, my first Neil gig was also at Phoenix, in 1996 i can confirm.
I didnt know much of his stuff at the time, just a few tracks here n there & a copy of 'Sleeps With Angels' (5 out of 5!!!!)
I think The Horse could be a shoe in, all the rumors point to it though I must admit the line up for th e tour just finished was damn good too. It did have the same drummer though!
Pearl Jam? I'd love to see them, on their own, if im watching Neil then im watching Neil y'know but hey hey, my my, whoever man. In London in March he played a solo accoustic set so i dont mind if he plays solo for 2hours+! cyclops

Alexi

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Crazy Horse or Peal Jam?

Post  MisterSoul on Sat May 10, 2008 11:08 am

You crazy? Crazy Horse!
Who the **** are Pearl Jam? Somebody told me their only claim to fame is that Neil is one member's Uncle.
Mirrorball? - Not Neil's finest hour imho. Probably thought he could give his nephew's career a leg up. There were some good ideas on Mirrorball that would have been taken further if Neil had been backed by Crazy Horse or even, let's face it, The Troggs.

MisterSoul

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adje on Sat May 10, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm the ocean is a great Neil track in my opinion and PJ do a decent job but noone's gonna compare with CH

adje

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Crazy Horse or Peal Jam?

Post  MisterSoul on Sun May 11, 2008 11:21 am

I totally agree Adje, I'm the Ocean is the stand-out on Mirrorball but it's no Cowgirl. Imagine a CH version. I know that's not the point of the album - I think it's about potential synergy between Neil and a band that has been heavily musically influenced by him. It's just that it doesn't come off for me personally. Maybe PJ were too much in awe. I can't stop tripping on the image of Neil's giant under-toe either!

Perhaps I've been too down on PJ. It's just I don't think they have anything like the spark, competitiveness and ragged completeness that Crazy Horse bring. If they do, it wasn't captured on Mirrorball.

MisterSoul

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Philosopher King on Wed May 14, 2008 2:33 am

This is one of the simplest questions I ever saw posted.

Crazy Horse - it's just got to be.

Mind you...what about The Shocking Pinks? affraid

PK
The Philosopher King

Number of posts : 25

View user profile http://genericblog34.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pearl jam-es on Mon May 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Obviously Crazy Horse get the nod from everyone, even Pearl Jam themselves I'm sure. Which brings me to this, why would you insult a band you no little or nothing about? Terrible cliche that you know, 'those young whipper snappers don't know shit' is what you're saying, and quite honestly it's you who don't know shit. Pearl Jam are very highly regarded, certainly by Mr Young, I mean he embraced them back in the day when they declared their love of his music, maybe he used it as a way to reach a younger generation. And in my case he did, so there's a positive. Back to Pearl Jam, they have been one of the most consistent bands over the last 15 years without doubt, never flinching in the face of critical disdain, always sticking to doing what they believed in (sound familiar?) and as a result have ended up with a back catalogue that is quite stunning in it's complexity and consistencey. And have a fan base so huge and varied that they need almost not bother with interviews or advertising, so that's why a lot of folks don't know much about them. As for not being able to play, do me a favour, take the 'old head, seen it all, done it all' blinkers off will you? I've seen them 5 times, from Cardiff to London, to Berlin and Madrid, and I tell you they are about the most accomplished band I've ever seen in my life. They change set lists every night, vary arrangements, even throw in the odd cover, they are quite simply an excellent band and an excellent live band.
So there clown Very Happy
pearl jam-es

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/welshjamie

Back to top Go down

Post  The Philosopher King on Tue May 27, 2008 9:40 pm

pearl jam-es wrote:Obviously Crazy Horse get the nod from everyone, even Pearl Jam themselves I'm sure. Which brings me to this, why would you insult a band you no little or nothing about? Terrible cliche that you know, 'those young whipper snappers don't know shit' is what you're saying, and quite honestly it's you who don't know shit. Pearl Jam are very highly regarded, certainly by Mr Young, I mean he embraced them back in the day when they declared their love of his music, maybe he used it as a way to reach a younger generation. And in my case he did, so there's a positive. Back to Pearl Jam, they have been one of the most consistent bands over the last 15 years without doubt, never flinching in the face of critical disdain, always sticking to doing what they believed in (sound familiar?) and as a result have ended up with a back catalogue that is quite stunning in it's complexity and consistencey. And have a fan base so huge and varied that they need almost not bother with interviews or advertising, so that's why a lot of folks don't know much about them. As for not being able to play, do me a favour, take the 'old head, seen it all, done it all' blinkers off will you? I've seen them 5 times, from Cardiff to London, to Berlin and Madrid, and I tell you they are about the most accomplished band I've ever seen in my life. They change set lists every night, vary arrangements, even throw in the odd cover, they are quite simply an excellent band and an excellent live band.
So there clown Very Happy

One of the great bands of all time. Give me a choice and I'd pick Pearl Jam over most other bands. Except for Crazy Horse, The Doors and a handful of others. But no negative feelings from me to P. Jam, rest assured!

PK
The Philosopher King

Number of posts : 25

View user profile http://genericblog34.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pearl jam-es on Thu May 29, 2008 7:30 am

Bless you for that PK. No need for the guys to be spreading negativity through this forum for no good reason. I loved Pearl Jam since the first time I heard them in late 1991, they are a completely individual band, and don't deserve to be derided...certainly not by Neil Youngs audience. For apart from everything else they are also part of that audience. cheers
pearl jam-es

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/welshjamie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down