Accommodation Nightmare

Go down

Accommodation Nightmare

Post  dondo on Mon May 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Have been looking at trying to find somewhere near to the Hop Farm to stay on the 6th and proving an absolute nightmare- happy with hotel, B&B, campsite, anything!

Would prefer not to drive so can sample a few ales but looks like might need to.

Have e-mailed the local tourist board and amongst their reply said

"I have also contacted the Hop Farm and expressed our concern that the numbers attending are struggling to find accommodation and have asked if there may be a possibility of the Hop Farm providing buses from Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells, or if the Hop Farm can provide camping, but we have yet to receive any news. "

I know on other posts there was talks about busses being run so at least that would be a start

I am loathed to buy a ticket for this if accommodation is going to be a pain

Any help/tips etc. much appreciated

dondo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Accommodation Nightmare

Post  sps73 on Mon May 12, 2008 4:51 pm

I've bought a ticket, but I'm starting to get a bit peeved at the lack of ammenities for all concerned at the Hop Farm. The public transport is almost non-existent which is a problem in itself, but when the site is so remote from most links, how can the organisers expect the public to get to Central London by 2230 hours on the Sunday night when Mr Young will probably just about be hitting peak form at that time? I've already stated in another thread that I intend to sleep in my car overnight. I'm sure that a lot of people are going to do the same, and if the organisers are too ignorant to supply their paying public with a site and a ready availability of accomodation ,they'll just have to let us get on with it by dossing overnight in the car park.

sps73

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tom on Tue May 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Which tourist board did you speak to Dondo?

Tom

tom

Registration date : 2008-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dondo on Tue May 13, 2008 5:11 pm

tom wrote:Which tourist board did you speak to Dondo?

Tom

Tom- it was the Tunbridge wells one

D

dondo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro23 on Tue May 13, 2008 5:52 pm

according to their website, hop farm is based in 400 acres of land, surely they can open some of this up for a campsite?! charge 20quid a tent and they are laughing.

Pedro23

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dondo on Tue May 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Pedro23 wrote:according to their website, hop farm is based in 400 acres of land, surely they can open some of this up for a campsite?! charge 20quid a tent and they are laughing.

Exactly and when I was googling around for some accommodation I found out that when they have the beer festival there that camping is available so they are used to it

dondo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro23 on Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 pm

i suppose one problem might be the mighty boosh festival the day before, but when havent music and comedy fans got along together? let everyone stay over!

Pedro23

Registration date : 2008-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kittykat66 on Wed May 14, 2008 2:06 am

Yeah, camping on site would be ideal. Should we be writing and making a fuss over this one?

kittykat66

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Philosopher King on Wed May 14, 2008 2:23 am

kittykat66 wrote:Yeah, camping on site would be ideal. Should we be writing and making a fuss over this one?

Yep - we definately should! I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for camping provision; make it an optional extra or something. Those who want to camp, pay for a camping ticket via Seetickets, and have one entrance, well secured. Profit, profit, profit, and for a fair service too, so no principles broken either. We get to actually sleep for an hour, Vince gets to make some extra money and Vince also gets to be even more popular than he already is for putting on this festival. It's a no-brainer really.

PK
The Philosopher King

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile http://genericblog34.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tom on Wed May 14, 2008 11:16 am

Cheers Dondo,

Do you have a phone number or email address for the board?

tom

Registration date : 2008-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dondo on Wed May 14, 2008 11:31 am

tom wrote:Cheers Dondo,

Do you have a phone number or email address for the board?

Tom

I e-mailed touristinformationcentre@tunbridgewells.gov.uk but the lady who wrote back pointed me in the direction of www.visitheartofkent.com to find accommodation

dondo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav on Wed May 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Yeah it would be much easier to let us camp onsite...and like u say..its not as if theyre short of space!
Any ideas who to get in touch with about this?

Dav

Registration date : 2008-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum