Hip Young things going to the festival?

Go down

Hip Young things going to the festival?

Post  Alexi on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Hello,
calling all Hip Young Things that may be going to this festival?
As a late 20 sumthing im not sure who would be going under or around the same age. I went to see neil in london & it rocked the house! LOL cheesey i know....my pal & i seemed to be the youngest people there by a few years!
Anywho, is there anyone of a similar age going? Would be great to hang with people who know who Neil Young is and have a broad mind music wise! Surprised

Alexi

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hip Young things going to the festival?

Post  The Philosopher King on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Hey hey. Well, I'm 28 years old, also into Young and also bringing along a 28 year old, a 32 year old and even a 24 year old with me in the car from Bolton. So you won't be alone demographically speaking.

Young rules all - he blew Manchester to musical pieces last month. I can't wait to hear Spirit Road and No Hidden Path again, along with Dirty Old Man. Chrome Dreams II = work of genius. Like a Star @ heaven This time round though, I expect - no I demand (!) - to hear Like A Hurricane. Surprised

If you wanna meet up for beersies, let me/us know! We're booking a hotel so muggins here isn't driving 500 miles in 24 hours without a beer break. Just 500 miles in 48 hours instead...why do I agree to these arrangments?!?! Rolling Eyes

Daniel sunny (I love this little Incan smilie - very Young-esque)
The Philosopher King

Number of posts : 25

View user profile http://genericblog34.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

neil young

Post  jimbhoy on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:52 pm

jimbhoy here ,we are staying in tonbridge for the weekend at the chequers inn on tonbridge high street if you are in the area come meet up with us for a beer ,we arrive on the 4th staying the weekend so plenty of time for some good ole chat and drink,,,

jimbhoy

Number of posts : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rockininthefreeworld on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:02 am

21 here in merseyside, making the trip down to kent (alone if necessary, bought two tickets just trying to convince one of my mates to buy up the other off me!) purely to see Neil Young (for the first time!), but I'm also a Supergrass fan so I'm made up with them playing. Not really a Primal Scream fan to be honest but I know a lot of people are so thats fair enough. Hope some more great bands get added, already worth the 50 quid!

rockininthefreeworld

Number of posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hip young things going tofestival

Post  highway61revisited on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:44 am

Im 17 and I'm going just to see Neil Young, and I'm coming all the way from Inverurie Scotland!! I went to see him in Manchester not long agoand he was immense.

highway61revisited

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexi on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:04 pm

What a Face Wow, what an awesome response! Thanks to all. pirat
Really good to see so many people from far & wide coming to the event, i think you will all enjoy it. Previous bands at the HF have usually been local radio gigs with the mighty East 17 n other inspired acts like that, to my knowledge this is the first proper attempt a a 'festival' in Kent & a welcome one at that.
I'd love to meet up with people - still trying to convice somepeople to go with me - my colleague who went to london with me is buying a house & settling down, other freinds dont really like Neil. Whats not to like? lol
Perhaps nearer the time we could all meet up & hang out to enjoy what i think will be a fab gig.
Only seen Neil twice, first time @ Phoenix 96! Played with Crazy Horse and yes, he played Like A Hurricane!
If you look on google for thrashers wheat they put up all the setlists he's played for like 30 odd years!
Really want to see him play Cortez The Killer!

Alexi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sentry on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:23 pm

27 and 27 and 29

sentry

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pearl jam-es on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Well, I'm not that young...or that old hopefully. I'm 37, I saw Neil for the first time last month in London, a long held ambition finally recognised, and can't believe it'll be twice by mid summer! Surprised
Anyone know of a camping site nearby?
pearl jam-es

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/welshjamie

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Old here at 35 Sad

Wooooooo so not invited Twisted Evil
Undertaker

Registration date : 2008-04-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxxstealthycatxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  fhionnlagh cunnertach on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:56 pm

44 and 44 but hey hey my my we're not too rusty.

fhionnlagh cunnertach

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav on Sat May 03, 2008 3:23 pm

Booked tickets when i was very merry last night at about 3 in the morning......dont regret it though!! Never seen Neil, can't wait...... love the scream and supergrass too...both amazin live!!
So far me and my mate are coming down from Newcastle (dunno how yet). Both 25 and really want to party into the night!! Its a long way to come for one day so we wanna make the most of it!
Would definitely be cool to meet up with ppl....any ideas where to stay where we can keep the festival going?!?!
Definitely wanna camp
x cyclops

Dav

Registration date : 2008-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav on Sat May 03, 2008 3:26 pm

highway 61.....just saw your msg..pretty strange. Ive got lots of family from Inverurie. Do you know a farm called Balhagardy just outside town?

Dav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kittykat66 on Sat May 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Heya, we are 23 and 18 - also looking to camp/keep the party going. I dont intend to go back to London Sunday night Razz

If you pm John ie - Jackethead he has somewhere you can camp and keep on going - that is probably where we will end up. We are still being indecisive though. Would definately like to meet some new people so let me know if you come up with an amazing plan Razz

kittykat66

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Summer of Love????!!!!!

Post  Dav on Tue May 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Hey Hey,

Been pondering what to do about camping after Neil Young has blown our collective minds and i reckon Jacketheads 'Summer of Love' sounds like a lot of fun....it's also making it more and more tempting to come down a day early and spend saturday there too!

Just kinda wondering if many other (to coin alexi's phrase) 'hip young things' are thinkin about doing this too?!?! Whadya reckon kittykat?! you gonna go for it?

Stay cool afro
Dav
x

Dav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexi on Sat May 10, 2008 9:47 am

Hello & good morning Neil Fans!

After some PC problems, finally...........Alexi has come back to the forum!
Having started this string off it's fitting i say Thanks to all who have posted, i didnt really think there would be such a response let alone anyone posting too so good on ya!

I have bought my ticket & have freinds going too so i wont be all alone Very Happy
However, encouraged by the response I think to meet up with you guys n gals @ the event could be pretty cool. Maybe we can make new freinds, see some bands n 'Party On' lol
I intend to post more regularly now my pc is working (so far), Im feeling good bout this event man and want to spread the love! afro

IF you havent posted or havent bought a ticket cos your'e not sure about coming - i know theres no camping n that n it's on a Sunday but im gonna do someinvestigating & hope to post info if i find any that helps. Sooooooooooooooooooo, come on hip young things, get a ticket & join the party!

lol!

Alexi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rojo on Sun May 11, 2008 1:13 am

Alexi wrote:Hello & good morning Neil Fans!

Having started this string off it's fitting i say Thanks to all who have posted, i didnt really think there would be such a response let alone anyone posting too so good on ya!

I have bought my ticket & have freinds going too so i wont be all alone Very Happy
However, encouraged by the response I think to meet up with you guys n gals @ the event could be pretty cool. Maybe we can make new freinds, see some bands n 'Party On' lol
I intend to post more regularly now my pc is working (so far), Im feeling good bout this event man and want to spread the love! afro

IF you havent posted or havent bought a ticket cos your'e not sure about coming - i know theres no camping n that n it's on a Sunday but im gonna do someinvestigating & hope to post info if i find any that helps. Sooooooooooooooooooo, come on hip young things, get a ticket & join the party!

lol!

Alexsi..I am a little surprised. One moment on another forum ( worst line up ever) you are telling people to shut up , dont attend and here . you are spreading your love , eager to meet a particular demographic group.

Best of luck with it all..

rojo

Registration date : 2008-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexi on Sun May 11, 2008 9:25 am

rojo wrote:
Alexi wrote:Hello & good morning Neil Fans!

lol!

Alexsi..I am a little surprised. One moment on another forum ( worst line up ever) you are telling people to shut up , dont attend and here . you are spreading your love , eager to meet a particular demographic group.

Best of luck with it all..

Cheers Rojo, you misunderstand..this is for Neil fans thinking of going or going for sure. It's does say Good Morning Neil Fans........
Worst Line Up Ever.....is for people who moan about the line up, geddit?
It was hot yesterday tho right? I dunno, i try n be nice n maybe gee up a few more people to see the Man and then u post this? Aint expressin your opinion great? Particular demographic? LMAO
I was in such a good mood and dakka-dakka-dakka you shoot it down lol
clown

Alexi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kittykat66 on Wed May 14, 2008 2:02 am

Hey dav,
Yeah I think Summer of Love is looking like my number one atm - wasnt going to bring a car though, so will have to secure transport or bribe a friend into driving us around for the weekend. How are you planning to go to/from Hop Farm?

We wont be there for the whole weekend unfortunately - seeing Fatboy Slim & Underworld at Wireless in Hyde Park on the Sat... its going to be an amazing weekend.

kittykat66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav on Wed May 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Hola,

THink we'll be driving down from the toon to the campsite on the saturday....probably get a taxi to the farm and back! REckon there'll be a few of us so it shouldnt cost too much if we all chip in...i hope! Whadya reckon?
Gonna be so skint this summer.....fly out to benicassim a coupla days after this thing too!! summers all about the festivals though i reckon!
I LOVE underworld....saw them in newcastle a few months ago....king of snake took me head off!!! affraid theyll be amazin in hyde park.
So you guys are turning up on the sunday yeah?
x

Dav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kittykat66 on Wed May 21, 2008 6:02 pm

Ahh bennicasim! Im v.jealous!
That sounds like a good plan - Im going to see if I can round up a few more people and then get in touch with the summer of love chap. Have you paid him off yet? Razz How many of you are coming, do you think?
Yeah im heading down sunday morning, we should definately cross paths at some point/and share taxi costs Smile
xxx

kittykat66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hop Farm

Post  red leaves on Thu May 22, 2008 12:07 am

I've been a Neil Young fan for years but I'll see him for the first time at the Hop Farm Festival pirat I would really prefer him to do some of his obscure songs but since this is a 'back to basics' show I doubt that that will happen.

But I'm 24 with 22 year-old brother, and Dad are coming along too, looking forward to an excellent show Very Happy
red leaves

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexi on Sat May 31, 2008 9:32 pm

Hello, good evening & welcome.

Man, has it been a crazy time since starting this string..........thanks again to all who have posted, i haven't forgotten about you all & am SO looking forward to going. I've pretty much been listening to nothing but Neil over the last few weeks and have a dream setlist about 10 hours long.

I'll try to send personal messages to those who have replied n that so we might be able to hook up n get down with the days festivities & watch The Man. geek

".....and with you, i feel no hidden path"

Alexi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  princess63 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:38 pm

i act young. can i join ur gang?

princess63

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moonlight on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:46 pm

I'm a Young fan! (pun intended) 19, got into Neil in my early teens. I saw him a couple of times at the Hammersmith Apollo in March (iiiincredible) - amazingly, I managed to get a front row, centre stage seat for one of the shows and it was the best *everything* I had ever been too, such an amazing experience. I'll be going alone to the Festival - I wasn't going to go (my friend had a ticket but couldn't make it), but I was convinced that it should be alright going alone because so many others will be there. So, I'm looking forward to a solo day away in Kent, hopefully meeting some great people too, and finishing off with Neil Young in the evening. Smile

moonlight

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodfart on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Alexi wrote:Hello,
calling all Hip Young Things that may be going to this festival?
As a late 20 sumthing im not sure who would be going under or around the same age. I went to see neil in london & it rocked the house! LOL cheesey i know....my pal & i seemed to be the youngest people there by a few years!
Anywho, is there anyone of a similar age going? Would be great to hang with people who know who Neil Young is and have a broad mind music wise! Surprised
it will be full of hippies and a few wannabees....i bet you any money you like it will be the same as all his large festival appearances, 30,000 old hippies all singing along and clapping their hands out of time with the music when he isn't singing, a total waste of 50 and fuel to get there i definitely will not be there. i saw him at the Apollo and thank god he told the old hippies to shut the fk up as it was being recorded. was a nice intimate gig for a change. i can't think of anything worse than paying that sort of cash to see Neil young only to not hear him because you always end up surrounded by idiots who think you paid and travelled to listen to them clapping and singing! It's bound to be a terrible experience, and he hasn't even changed the set list that much throughout the whole tour which in my opinion is just lazy. keep on rocking in the free world...BORING!!!!!! My advice is avoid at all cost and save your money!!!!!

Bloodfart

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down