Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My morning jacket DO NOT MISS!

3 posters

Go down

My morning jacket DO NOT MISS! Empty My morning jacket DO NOT MISS!

Post  redrighthand Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:07 pm

I have seen the jackets twice and they blew me away, plus primal scream never let you down.
i seen neil young at finsbry park in 92 and he had booker t and the mgs as his backing band and it was the best gig i have ever witnessed, ( and i have seen a lot)
was anybody there?

redrighthand

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

My morning jacket DO NOT MISS! Empty Neil Young with Booker T.

Post  furry1 Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Yeah, i was there mate,but it was '93.Supported by Pearl Jam,James and 4 non Blondes if i remember correctly.I was with my brother and my wife who was pregnant with my son at the time.He is now 14 and going to Hop Farm to see Neil Young for the first time.It was a great gig.I was up all night on some illegal substance.Drove back to Bournemouth at 6 next morning and had to go to work.Totally trashed next day but it was well worth it....

furry1

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

My morning jacket DO NOT MISS! Empty It was 93

Post  redrighthand Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:38 am

Yeah! it was 93, pearl jam came on stage with him
Funny thing about that day, is that nick cave was standing next to me in finsbury park, ( he bacame a favourite of mine later) he was steaming drunk and i remember gouing to front of stage and shouting at stage!!!!!!
He probably can't remember, anyway its great that your son is going, i wonder he if he will remember the mellow vibes that day in the womb! haha
I was only drinking and smoking that day and paced myself, because all the gigs i have been to. i cant remember a lot of them!!!!
But i defo remember that one

redrighthand

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

My morning jacket DO NOT MISS! Empty Re: My morning jacket DO NOT MISS!

Post  fishbus Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:53 am

redrighthand wrote:Funny thing about that day, is that nick cave was standing next to me in finsbury park, ( he bacame a favourite of mine later)

Hence the username, eh? Cool One of my faves too - seen him loads of times over the years. He actually lives down the road from me and I always have to smile when I see him doing 'normal' things, like shopping in our local convenience store, or buying a bagel in the Bagelman shop. Such a menacing looking figure even in the most mundane of situations.

fishbus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

My morning jacket DO NOT MISS! Empty Re: My morning jacket DO NOT MISS!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down