Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crowd size/ticket stub/conspiracy theory

5 posters

Go down

crowd size/ticket stub/conspiracy theory Empty crowd size/ticket stub/conspiracy theory

Post  trevorc Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:09 pm

I don't want to join the whingers because overall I had such a fantastic day. BUT I've been in a lot of 30,000 crowds and I thought that yesterday was much bigger than 30,000. I was allowed to keep my stub when apparently lots of you weren't Is there something going on here that we don't understand?

trevorc

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

crowd size/ticket stub/conspiracy theory Empty Number of people

Post  Powderfinger Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:19 pm

A fantastic set by Neil. Made it all worth while (despite bad weather, sitting in the car park for two hours after the show, running out of real ale very early on, not being able to access the Hope Farm from the festival site and thus nothing for kids to do).
But I agree with this post. Even allowing for a few thousand free kids there were far more than 30,000 adults there on Sunday. I really didn't put the tickets being taken off of us as any indication of nefarious activity at the time, but it makes sense thinking about it. Whether Vince Power was aware of the situation....who knows!
It will certainly take someone extraordinary on the bill next year to get me back again.

Powderfinger

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

crowd size/ticket stub/conspiracy theory Empty Re: crowd size/ticket stub/conspiracy theory

Post  traffordcat Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Powderfinger wrote:A fantastic set by Neil. Made it all worth while (despite bad weather, sitting in the car park for two hours after the show, running out of real ale very early on, not being able to access the Hope Farm from the festival site and thus nothing for kids to do).
But I agree with this post. Even allowing for a few thousand free kids there were far more than 30,000 adults there on Sunday. I really didn't put the tickets being taken off of us as any indication of nefarious activity at the time, but it makes sense thinking about it. Whether Vince Power was aware of the situation....who knows!
It will certainly take someone extraordinary on the bill next year to get me back again.

Could well have a point here. There were definitely more than 30,000 there.

traffordcat

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

crowd size/ticket stub/conspiracy theory Empty Re: crowd size/ticket stub/conspiracy theory

Post  going to see John Martyn? Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Yep, something funny with the tickets! I really wanted to keep mine.
Neil was/is Brillant - fantastic set, great audience, I heard some fine voices around me.
Thought Supergrass were excellent too (being totally unfamiliar with what they'd been doing since 'we are young',
Glad they played that!)
Missed some of the early acts, but that was ok.
I went thinking this might be the last time,.... know what I mean?
But I don't think it will be ......
Must see Neil again,....... soon!
Looking forward to John Martyn in Kendal - anyone going?
p.s. I emailed seetickets asking what the crack with the tickets was - let you know if they reply.

going to see John Martyn?

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Estheroid Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:51 pm

I don't know what happened to the other ticket stub thread (looks like it may have been pruned!) but just to say that after the ticket debacle I e-mailed on Monday...received a couple of tickets through the post this morning Cool I wasn't hopeful but it's nice to be proved wrong sometimes!

Estheroid

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down