Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of advertising

+2
bigvernon
the_blue_newt
6 posters

Go down

Lack of advertising Empty Lack of advertising

Post  the_blue_newt Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:08 am

We live locally and you wouldn't know that there was a festival happening on Sunday. We have free newspapers delivered and there has only been a small mention of the gig, no official posters have been put up around the town or even outside the Hop farm itself. If this event does not sell out the promoters have only got themselves to blame. Even the information hotlines can only give limited information - often the information given is contradictory or they just do not know. Still we shall be there - come rain or shine. Should be a good day.

the_blue_newt

the_blue_newt

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Lack of advertising Empty Re: Lack of advertising

Post  bigvernon Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:25 am

Excellent news! Bags more room for all of us who are there. See? Silver lining and all that! Cool

bigvernon

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Lack of advertising Empty Lack of advertising

Post  the_blue_newt Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi all
Just had the local BBC Kent news on and there wasn't a single mention about The Hop Farm Festival on Sunday or The Mighty Boosh Festival on Saturday .....only thing mentioned was about a 3 day music festival at Port Lympne.
I only hope Vince Power has done his home work correctly and it's going to be a big turn out..........Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold ?

the_blue_newt

the_blue_newt

Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverOfDeceit Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:39 pm

The BBC won't mention it or anything unless there's something in it for them! The 3 day event at Port Lympne has a Radio 1 stage so they'll promote that. I think it's a shame this has been so overlooked, Kent really seems to have improved on it's live circuit recently, I still can't believe I'm finally getting to see Neil Young in my home county!
I only heard it mentioned on Radio 1 when Nihal was interviewing Bobby Gillespie and he said what an honour it was to be performing on the same stage as Neil. He's one of the greatest performers of all time, an influence to so many bands and artists, and the other bands performing are all good quality, yet it's being ignored. If my friend hadn't told me about it I'd never have known, I saw it advertised nowhere : (

RiverOfDeceit

Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  electrix101 Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:08 pm

I aslo live local to the hop farm and have heard nothing about the event. I only heard of it on Planet Rock a while ago so booked my ticket as soon as I could. Went past the hop farm today where the might boosh festival is on did not seem that busy.
Altough every body could have already been in as it was about 12.30

electrix101

Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DirtyYoungMan Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:18 pm

bigvernon wrote:Excellent news! Bags more room for all of us who are there. See? Silver lining and all that! Cool

Exactly. I'm not making the same mistake as at Radiohead, where I stood far too far away and half the music was drowned out by the morons who were chatting the whole time (some of them weren't even looking at the stage!). I can't imagine it will be the same type of crowd here though.

DirtyYoungMan

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Lack of advertising Empty singing and clapping geerate

Post  Bloodfart Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:58 pm

bigvernon wrote:Excellent news! Bags more room for all of us who are there. See? Silver lining and all that! Cool

you reckon?? i bet you any money you like it will be the same as all his large festival appearances, 30,000 old hippies all singing along and clapping their hands out of time with the music when he isn't singing, a total waste of £50 and fuel to get there i definitely will not be there. i saw him at the Apollo and thank god he told the old hippies to shut the fk up as it was being recorded. was a nice intimate gig for a change. i can't think of anything worse than paying that sort of cash to see Neil young only to not hear him because you always end up surrounded by idiots who think you paid and travelled to listen to them clapping and singing! It's bound to be a terrible experience, and he hasn't even changed the set list that much throughout the whole tour which in my opinion is just lazy. keep on rocking in the free world...BORING!!!!!! My advice is avoid at all cost and save your money!!!!!

Bloodfart

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum