Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst line-up ever

+15
coffee_d
sundazed
Stage Right
snakefinger
jimbhoy
MisterSoul
maurice
adje
Alexi
rojo
kittykat66
The Philosopher King
Strummer/Jones
peterwales
cortez
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty Worst line-up ever

Post  cortez Fri May 02, 2008 11:55 pm

Everest added ? This is starting to look like the worst line-up in the history of festivals.

cortez

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty Re: Worst line-up ever

Post  peterwales Sat May 03, 2008 2:45 am

Er....who are they??

peterwales

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Strummer/Jones Sat May 03, 2008 9:23 am

cortez wrote:Everest added ? This is starting to look like the worst line-up in the history of festivals.

Moan, moan, bloody moan. DON'T GO THEN!

Strummer/Jones

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  The Philosopher King Tue May 06, 2008 11:45 pm

cortez wrote:Everest added ? This is starting to look like the worst line-up in the history of festivals.

It's got Neil Young on it, ergo, they could put Timmy Mallett on the line-up and it would still be the BEST line-up in the history of festivals. I actually took the trouble of listening to Everest on their MySpace and whilst they aren't The Doors or Crazy Horse or anything, they are listenable and quite pleasant actually.

And Laura Marling has the voice of an angel and some pretty interesting lyrics. Almost 'urban folk' for want of a better phrase, but I think people may be pleasantly surprised.

To be honest, if it was up to me, I wouldn't have bothered with Primal Scream, but hey, we were promised 7 acts and we're getting 8, so no worries!

I've had my moan about the no food and drink, but as for the line-up, this is easily the best 49 quid 50 pence I've spent in bloody years. The 5 pound 50p booking fee is a scandal, but I don't blame Vince and co. for that!

I'm very excited about the line-up - a great mix, and a compromise between indie and folk. What more could an indie-folkie fruitloop like me ask for?!?!

PK cheers
The Philosopher King
The Philosopher King

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://genericblog34.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kittykat66 Wed May 07, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm possibly more excited about Primal Scream than any of the other acts to be honest... but hey, each to their own.

I whole heartedly agree with Strummer/Jones though Smile

kittykat66

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  cortez Wed May 07, 2008 11:14 pm

kittykat66 wrote:I'm possibly more excited about Primal Scream than any of the other acts to be honest... but hey, each to their own.

I whole heartedly agree with Strummer/Jones though Smile
Totally agree on primal Scream and Supergrass, guess i was hoping for a bit something a little more rocky. I sure hope we get a full on electric set from NY

cortez

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty neil young live

Post  rojo Thu May 08, 2008 1:34 am

JUST BOOKED TICKETS . Saw NY at hammersmith this year . Great acoustic set ...Lost it a little with the band set but blew me away with Down by the river (last time i shed a tear).Just hope i can hang in there during the day to appreciate his bit. The rest is more warm up than line up.

rojo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexi Sat May 10, 2008 10:33 am

Very Happy This is such a funny forum, people moaning about the line up?
If your'e going n dont like the bands on before Neil, put your fingers in your ears, put tape over your mouth - or fill it with Drink - and / or go do summit else for a while?

I agree with Strummer/Jones so much, DONT GO THEN! LMAO

I dont want to blow my own trumpet, but dammit, im gonna - I have seen 300-400 bands since i started going to gigs n festivals and i have seen bands that i thought would suck and they turned out to be Awesome!!!
I have seen bands that i thought would be awesome..and boy did they suck!

Im not a particularly huge fan of Primal Scream and not too keen on Supergrass but hey, i'll watch em.
I cant wait to see My Morning Jacket & - if im paying 49.50+booking fee + possibly pricey food n drink, what the F~*k, im gonna check out all the bands.

This isnt the 'Worst Line Up Ever'.i live in Maidstone and we have the Radio1 big weekend - now THAT is THE WORST LINE UP EVER!

Alexi

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty worst line up ever

Post  adje Sat May 10, 2008 1:16 pm

45 quid to see Neil Young and people are moaning!I wouldnt mind who was there-besides MMJ are a fucking awesome band live.Totally agree about the Radio 1 so called "big weekend"-I dont live far away,just hope I dont hear any of it!

adje

Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  The Philosopher King Sat May 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Alexi - Adje, I couldn't agree more. This is the bargain of the century. I paid 65.00 to see Young in Manchester and now I'm paying 55.00 (w/ booking fees) to see Young plus 7 other acts. That is roughly 1/30th of my monthly wage, ergo, fat bargain.

Stunned - but in a good way.

PK
The Philosopher King
The Philosopher King

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty Worst Line-up

Post  maurice Sat May 10, 2008 11:24 pm

What a sheltered life some people lead! If this line-up is so abhorrent perhaps the complainers will stay away and leave more room for hardy souls capable of tolerating such iniquities!

'dont let it get you down, it's only castles burning'

maurice

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  rojo Sat May 10, 2008 11:55 pm

maurice wrote:What a sheltered life some people lead! If this line-up is so abhorrent perhaps the complainers will stay away and leave more room for hardy souls capable of tolerating such iniquities!

'dont let it get you down, it's only castles burning'

WELL THATS SETTLED THEN. WHO IS COMPLAINING...there is nothing wrong in opining on the line up and viewing the artists as a jolly good warm up to NY.Suggesting that we who share different views to your good self should stay away is equally abhorrent. Let us know what it is like up at the front...

"Remember what your good book says..."

rojo

Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty Worst Line up ever

Post  MisterSoul Sun May 11, 2008 1:20 pm

Perhaps the title of the Thread needs chamging to "Best Line-up Ever". It's certainly evolved into it.

Maybe that'll satisfy Maurice and his ilk. LoL.

It wasn't supposed to go down that way

Last edited by MisterSoul on Mon May 12, 2008 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

MisterSoul

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty line up

Post  jimbhoy Sun May 11, 2008 4:40 pm

all things aside folks i think the line up is pretty good ,we are neil fans and if neil was playing the gig himself we would all be there anyway,so look at it from this point of view 49 quid eight bands im sure we will all come back from this saying neil was great amazing,but hey what about rufus ,primal scream etc they added a great deal to the day,so lets hope the sun shines on us all, after all we are gonna be in the garden of england on a farm having a party,should be a lot of fun,,,,,,,so lets have a ball and just enjoy the day,,,peace, love, and barefeet ,,,,,jimbhoy

jimbhoy

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty Neil Young Rocks

Post  snakefinger Sun May 11, 2008 5:14 pm

You can not get more rockier than Neil Young. When he rocks out he really goes for it. He is the godfather of Grunge.

snakefinger

Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty Worst line up ever

Post  Stage Right Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 am

"Cortez" ... I invite you to see us play live, then make your decision.

Stage Right

Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  The Philosopher King Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 am

Stage Right wrote:

"Cortez" ... I invite you to see us play live, then make your decision.

Shocked Now that's saying it! Shocked

This festival is gonna be a monster; so good, that even the musicians who are playing want to join the debate on how much this is gonna rock!

Welcome to the boards, mystery Everest musician!

PK Shocked Very Happy
The Philosopher King
The Philosopher King

Back to top Go down

Post  cortez Wed May 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi. mr Everest i eagerly await your set as i do all the others. With respect i bought my ticket as soon as NEIL YOUNG AT THE HOP FARM WAS ANNOUNCED. So regardless who was supporting i was going. Just thought i'd have a little fun with a contentious post to wind up all the old people and see if i could get the most replys. ( i'm 50 by the way)

cortez

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty Timmy Mallett

Post  sundazed Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 pm

I didn't realise Timmy Mallett was playing. Brilliant! Are Bombalurina backing him? If so I hope they do their electric set.

I always thought it should have been Crosby, Stills, Nash & Mallett.

sundazed

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty Absolutely TERRIBLE line up.

Post  coffee_d Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:26 pm

The line-up makes no sense whatsoever.

What have Supergrass and Primal Scream got to do with Neil Young?

The festival concept (no branding, no vip areas etc) makes sense with Neil Young playing but the line-up doesn't tie in with it? PRIMAL SCREAM???? These bands are more famous for hanging out with 'primrose hill set' celebrities which is the POLAR OPPOSITE OF WHAT NEIL YOUNG AND THE FESTIVAL CONCEPT REPRESENTS.

It's like hearing of a special beautiful party full of geeks and nerds and finding out a couple of agressive 'popular' idiots are coming. When I think of Primal Scream I think of 'baggy' drum beats in their early days and then 'get you rocks off' WHAT A STUPID SONG.

Neil Young is someone who has constantly lived outside fashion he should be playing with other loner artist 'outcasts' such as Radiohead, Dinosaur Jr or Wilco.

TERRIBLE LINE UP.

The only expanation I can think of for the line-up is that all the bands are Vince Powers favourites and this festival is his 'baby' and is his vision. If this is then case the it leaves a much more pleasant taste in my mouth and am happy to go and enjoy the day.

coffee_d

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Strummer/Jones Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:04 pm

coffee_d wrote:The line-up makes no sense whatsoever.

What have Supergrass and Primal Scream got to do with Neil Young?

The festival concept (no branding, no vip areas etc) makes sense with Neil Young playing but the line-up doesn't tie in with it? PRIMAL SCREAM???? These bands are more famous for hanging out with 'primrose hill set' celebrities which is the POLAR OPPOSITE OF WHAT NEIL YOUNG AND THE FESTIVAL CONCEPT REPRESENTS.

It's like hearing of a special beautiful party full of geeks and nerds and finding out a couple of agressive 'popular' idiots are coming. When I think of Primal Scream I think of 'baggy' drum beats in their early days and then 'get you rocks off' WHAT A STUPID SONG.

Neil Young is someone who has constantly lived outside fashion he should be playing with other loner artist 'outcasts' such as Radiohead, Dinosaur Jr or Wilco.

TERRIBLE LINE UP.

The only expanation I can think of for the line-up is that all the bands are Vince Powers favourites and this festival is his 'baby' and is his vision. If this is then case the it leaves a much more pleasant taste in my mouth and am happy to go and enjoy the day.

As I may have mentioned before...Moan, moan, bloody moan. DON'T GO THEN!!

Strummer/Jones

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  loper Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:49 pm

A lot of peeps don't seem to be aware of MMJ.

This band is listed in virtually every critics top ten live bands in the world. Plus, Jim James is Neil's long lost love child.

I can't think of a more appropriate 'coupling' than NY & MMJ.

loper

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  jackethead Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:13 pm

I really hope MMJ pull off a cracking show - it's a great opportunity for them to win a lot of new fans - Neil's audience are theirs for the taking ....

i saw them in Bristol last week and they were awesome. I suspect they'll drop some of the slower, atmospheric stuff for an hour's outdoor festival show.

These guys are headlining Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve - and we get to see them in little clubs ....

Miss them at your loss,

John

jackethead

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Worst line-up ever Empty everest

Post  jimbhoy Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:37 pm

hi guys check out the album ghost notes by everest it will blow you away,they are supporting neil in ireland also,,,they will be the surprise band of the gig ,so dont knock them,,go check em out,

jimbhoy

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  CinnamonGirl Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:23 pm

jackethead wrote:I really hope MMJ pull off a cracking show - it's a great opportunity for them to win a lot of new fans - Neil's audience are theirs for the taking ....

i saw them in Bristol last week and they were awesome. I suspect they'll drop some of the slower, atmospheric stuff for an hour's outdoor festival show.

These guys are headlining Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve - and we get to see them in little clubs ....

Miss them at your loss,

John

Absolutely, the Bristol gig was amazing..I'm sure they will gain a lot more fans after Sunday!

CinnamonGirl

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next