Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is what you will get for £50

3 posters

Go down

this is what you will get for £50 Empty this is what you will get for £50

Post  Bloodfart Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:47 pm

i bet you any money you like it will be the same as all his large festival appearances, 30,000 old hippies all singing along and clapping their hands out of time with the music when he isn't singing, a total waste of £50 and fuel to get there i definitely will not be there. i saw him at the Apollo and thank god he told the old hippies to shut the fk up as it was being recorded. was a nice intimate gig for a change. i can't think of anything worse than paying that sort of cash to see Neil young only to not hear him because you always end up surrounded by idiots who think you paid and travelled to listen to them clapping and singing! It's bound to be a terrible experience, and he hasn't even changed the set list that much throughout the whole tour which in my opinion is just lazy. keep on rocking in the free world...BORING!!!!!! My advice is avoid at all cost and save your money!!!!!

Bloodfart

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

this is what you will get for £50 Empty Re: this is what you will get for £50

Post  blue moon Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:16 pm

You've repeated the same message several times, written before you saw the show.

Lucky me, I am not short of 50 quid and was happy to spend it to see the first name on my "gigs to see before I die" list. I wasn't disappointed.

It's cool for my kids to say when they have seen Neil Young play when they are older but in all truth at the time they were more interested in ice-creams and playing on Nintendo. Interestingly my elder son like Rufus Wainwright, that may partly be the presence of familiar ~ "the Shrek song" in his set (a.k.a Hallelujah). But a more mature friend amongst our party started off saying Mr Wainwright wasn't his cup of tea but ended up saying he quite liked him after all.

Maybe you missed:

The thumbnail moon overhead in a clear sky as Neil Young sang about Mother Earth

The sun come out as Rufus Wainwright sang Hallelujah

The raw emotion of Lonesome Me.

The number of kids seeing live music for the first time.

blue moon

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  janmoomoo Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 pm

OK bloodfart, we get it. But why are you posting this on a site where people are fairly likely to actually like Neil Young and some of the other bands. Oh and BTW old hippies are allowed to enjoy themselves too you know.

janmoomoo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum