Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

food on sale

5 posters

Go down

food on sale Empty food on sale

Post  blue moon Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:33 pm

If a future event had the same vendors I wouldn't bother bringing a bag full of picnic food. The range of nosh on sale was impressive, and despite the amount we had brought with us I couldn't resist indulging. (Crepe with chocolate and cocunut, guess my gender).

According to someone I was chatting to the price was about half you get a sponsored festivals like Reading. I wouldn't know, it was more expensive than my High Street, that's what I had to work on. I know plenty about the price of ice-cream from vans.

The Japanese Noodles seemed popular although I can't say they looked appetising to my personal pallette, but I have to give this part of the festival a thumbs up. Thai, Japanese, Vegan, plain old burgers and chips, there was everything.

blue moon

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

food on sale Empty Re: food on sale

Post  jtourettes Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:49 pm

The food prices were about the same as last years Reading festival, ie around about £5 - £6 for a burger, pizza , kebab or noodles.

I had the noodles and tempura from the Japanese noodle store and they were very nice for festival food.

jtourettes

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  medwaymaria Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:00 pm

thumbs up for the noodles, and the coffee at the veggie/veagn stall was only £1.20, which is less than you pay on the high st and fairtrade to boot. They had luvverly cakes there too.

medwaymaria

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  misterj Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:26 pm

medwaymaria wrote:thumbs up for the noodles, and the coffee at the veggie/veagn stall was only £1.20, which is less than you pay on the high st and fairtrade to boot. They had luvverly cakes there too.

I paid £2 for a cup of coffee at the doughnut stall, but was by then too drunk to care Smile

misterj

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

food on sale Empty Yummy

Post  spider_gurly Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:35 pm

Agreed, Maria - the veggie stall was great. No rip-off prices and yummy carrot cake. Well worth queuing for Very Happy

spider_gurly

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down