Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stop the whinging

5 posters

Go down

stop the whinging Empty stop the whinging

Post  jimbhoy Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:17 pm

i have been doing festivals for nearly 30 years so id say ive seen it all from glasto to monsters of rock,so i know what to expect ,nothing is perfect as neil says,so what happened to that ole hippy thing of the expected or unexpected being just part of the adventure,c,mon im sure when you have time to reflect ,your experience will bring back laughter and joy and it will be something to tell your mates who didnt but wished they went,,i know frustration and tiredness may at the end of a day like this might make you feel upset because you were caught up in a jam,,,,im sure , but c,mon the music and neil alone would have made your day worth while eh,,,,,peace ,love barefeet,,,,,,jimbhoy

jimbhoy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

stop the whinging Empty Re: stop the whinging

Post  CinnamonGirl Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:33 pm

jimbhoy wrote:i have been doing festivals for nearly 30 years so id say ive seen it all from glasto to monsters of rock,so i know what to expect ,nothing is perfect as neil says,so what happened to that ole hippy thing of the expected or unexpected being just part of the adventure,c,mon im sure when you have time to reflect ,your experience will bring back laughter and joy and it will be something to tell your mates who didnt but wished they went,,i know frustration and tiredness may at the end of a day like this might make you feel upset because you were caught up in a jam,,,,im sure , but c,mon the music and neil alone would have made your day worth while eh,,,,,peace ,love barefeet,,,,,,jimbhoy
I agree with this..although not travelling by car, I had to wait two hours for a taxi, but to be honest I didn't really care. I was on such a high from the gig that it just didn't seem to matter, and I am quite used to waiting a lot longer getting home from Glastonbury so I cant complain!

CinnamonGirl

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  TarantiniDust Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:42 pm

jimbhoy wrote:i have been doing festivals for nearly 30 years so id say ive seen it all from glasto to monsters of rock,so i know what to expect ,nothing is perfect as neil says,so what happened to that ole hippy thing of the expected or unexpected being just part of the adventure,c,mon im sure when you have time to reflect ,your experience will bring back laughter and joy and it will be something to tell your mates who didnt but wished they went,,i know frustration and tiredness may at the end of a day like this might make you feel upset because you were caught up in a jam,,,,im sure , but c,mon the music and neil alone would have made your day worth while eh,,,,,peace ,love barefeet,,,,,,jimbhoy

Did you have a job to get up for on Mon morning? I got home at 2.30am and it seems I was lucky. People like you ensure things never improve. Crap like that means people like Vince Power know he can get away with that shambles every time when it wouldn't take much to sort it out.

I tell you if someone had spouted peace, love at me when I was stuck in the car park with no marshall in sight it would have been the last f*cking thing he ever said.

TarantiniDust

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

stop the whinging Empty the gig

Post  jimbhoy Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 pm

no ,but i planned ahead by booking a holiday for the following day,or did you not just think about it ,i travelled from scotland,and please dont blame me

jimbhoy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  TarantiniDust Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 pm

jimbhoy wrote:no ,but i planned ahead by booking a holiday for the following day,or did you not just think about it ,i travelled from scotland,and please dont blame me

I'm not blaming you & yes I did think ahead (thats why I drove). My point is that organisers seize on comments like yours to claim that everything was fine when we all know it wasn't

TarantiniDust

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Strummer/Jones Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:39 am

TarantiniDust wrote:
jimbhoy wrote:no ,but i planned ahead by booking a holiday for the following day,or did you not just think about it ,i travelled from scotland,and please dont blame me

I'm not blaming you & yes I did think ahead (thats why I drove). My point is that organisers seize on comments like yours to claim that everything was fine when we all know it wasn't

Sorry, never been to a major festival/sporting event when getting out of the car park has been less than a nightmare. I understand that many people were not prepared for this (mentally or physically) but hey, 10,000 cars trying to get down narrow rural roads roughly at the same time...what did anyone expect? My experience? We stayed in Tonbridge, booked at the Premier Inn North. Promised shuttle buses back to Tonbridge - there were none, only to Paddock Wood. Arrived there, no obvious means of getting to Tonbridge...OK, let's get a kebab! We decided to wait two hours until the cab we rang for turned up. Waited an hour, a train turned up, stopped at Tonbridge, 30 minute walk to hotel. Shit happens folks, gotta roll with it.

Strummer/Jones

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro23 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:10 am

i have to agree with the first post, people need to lighten up a bit and realise that with that many people there were always going to be problems. Even if everything had been working perfectly it would have probably taken at least an hour to get out.

Personally we had the foresight to arrange our taxi to get us from the Sommerfield down the road and were back in the hotel by midnight.

if people thought they would get away without any problems they were having a laugh!

Pedro23

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down