Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT?

+4
leongecko
kimi
andersju
benjicott
8 posters

Go down

Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT? Empty Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT?

Post  benjicott Mon May 19, 2008 8:44 pm

only the other way round. it's absurd. and this festival is meant to be all eco-friendly and such like.
grrrrrr.

benjicott

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT? Empty Re: Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT?

Post  andersju Mon May 19, 2008 10:22 pm

'cause you can take the even more eco-friendly (and cheaper..) train?

andersju

Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT? Empty trouble is last train is @10.10pm&n.express dont go there.

Post  kimi Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:20 pm

andersju wrote:'cause you can take the even more eco-friendly (and cheaper..) train?

kimi

Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT? Empty Re: Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT?

Post  leongecko Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:28 am

there are no trains, not unless you want to walk out half way thru Neil blazing out Powderfinger so you can get the 20 past ten from paddock wood.

leongecko

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  sundazed Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:18 am

I think the idea is that you get the train there and the coach back (if you live anywhere near Paddington). Obviously this sucks (I live in Southampton so it's completely useless).

The only other option is to hire a minibus or take your car. The only pleasure I can take from this is that it will severely hit their beer sales.

These are people who, if they organised a piss-up in a brewery, would forget to book the transport home.

sundazed

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  fishbus Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:44 pm

sundazed wrote:
The only pleasure I can take from this is that it will severely hit their beer sales.

I should think the extortionate price of the beer will severely hit their sales, that's why I shall be visiting a few local pubs first....and I'm sure I'll find a way to sneak some in! Very Happy

fishbus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT? Empty local pubs

Post  leongecko Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:50 pm

good point, a list of local hostelrys may ease the pain of this travel travesty

leongecko

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fishbus Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:21 am

Your wish is my command: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml/el/Paddock%20Wood%3BKent/

All within staggering distance - how marvellous! Very Happy

fishbus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Utah_Spike Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:11 am

This really is turning into a utter mission to get to & from . . . the Rail Replacement Bus Service is going to take forever poodling round little stations in the arse end of nowhere . . .

Utah_Spike

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT? Empty Why the hell are they not providing coaches FROM london TO KENT?

Post  MisterSoul Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:22 pm

To be fair on the organisers, the real villains of the piece are the Rail Company. If its anything like a normal week-end on this line you would have been faced with rail-replacement buses anyway.

On a separate issue, if the weather's good and you have to crash make sure it's somewhere well away from vehicles i.e. not a car park. After seeing Bob Dylan at Blackbushe some years ago my wife and me were sleeping in the back of our car in the car park when we were wakened by an intoxicated driver crashing into us. It's a good job the collision happened as there were about a dozen people asleep on the ground directly in front of where the happy fool was trying to drive.

MisterSoul

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down