Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks For This Festival

+5
Strummer/Jones
Kevin
moonunit
KA70
The Philosopher King
9 posters

Go down

Thanks For This Festival Empty Thanks For This Festival

Post  The Philosopher King Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:24 pm

Maybe not enough for a new thread, but I just wanted a thread here to say thanks to Vince Power, his organisation, and equally importantly, all the staff onsite who worked hard to put on a good time for everyone there yesterday.

The security staff, provided by AP, were excellent from where I was stood, being polite, friendly and helpful, giving out bottled water, providing a place for us folks on the front barrier to put our bags, and generally being approachable. The overworked and under-informed marshalls were as helpful as they could be re the parking. We all know that was a balls-up, but the stewards surely can't be faulted for doing their best in a shitty situation, so thank you to them all too.

I had a great time, and really hope this does become an annual event, with maybe Neil Young playing every year!!! Kind of like the musical chairman of this super-hippy day out.

Finally, to everyone I met at the front, I had a great time (I was front right, on the barrier for the whole thing), and it was a pleasure getting to know the fellow fans I met.

One festival I'll be attending every year it's on. Well done Vince - best 50 quid I've spent on a gig, ever!

Laura Marling - you kicked ass, girlie-girl! Marry me, and I'll have your babies for you!!! lol

Daniel PK Very Happy
The Philosopher King
The Philosopher King

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://genericblog34.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Thanks For This Festival Empty Re: Thanks For This Festival

Post  KA70 Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:34 am

You are Vince Power and I claim my £5.

KA70

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The Philosopher King Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:13 am

KA70 wrote:You are Vince Power and I claim my £5.

Nah...I'm Neil Young.Razz Very Happy

I did see Vince walk by the front of the stage twice though! Shocked
The Philosopher King
The Philosopher King

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://genericblog34.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  moonunit Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:36 am

The Philosopher King wrote:
KA70 wrote:You are Vince Power and I claim my £5.

Nah...I'm Neil Young.Razz Very Happy

I did see Vince walk by the front of the stage twice though! Shocked

hey you can see Vince sit and fill his face most evenings! just check out his posh french restaurant in primrose hill where he sits outside in 'his special seat', lauding over the locale and probably planning more crap events like this

moonunit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Thanks For This Festival Empty Well Said

Post  Kevin Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:20 am

I cannot believe the comments from some people, they just cannot have ever been to a concert or any sort of outdoor event before !.

At less than £50, to get Neil Young and My Morning Jacket (two of the biggest box office draws currently), plus Rufas, plus The Guillimots, plus all the others was astonishing.

The car park was a pain but get over it, please.

From where I stood (for 12 hours), the sound and screens were excellent, maximum I waited for a pee was about 5 mins (the queue looked long but moved very quickly), and I had a burger and cup of tea which was probably half of what I have paid in lots of other places.

The event staff I spoke to, (I had a spare ticket to sell due to illness), were polite and helpful, and I got £40 I was not expecting.

I guess you can only base your comments on your own particular experience but this forum does seem to have been hijacked by a large number of moaners !!

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post  Strummer/Jones Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:40 am

Kevin wrote:I cannot believe the comments from some people, they just cannot have ever been to a concert or any sort of outdoor event before !.

At less than £50, to get Neil Young and My Morning Jacket (two of the biggest box office draws currently), plus Rufas, plus The Guillimots, plus all the others was astonishing.

The car park was a pain but get over it, please.

From where I stood (for 12 hours), the sound and screens were excellent, maximum I waited for a pee was about 5 mins (the queue looked long but moved very quickly), and I had a burger and cup of tea which was probably half of what I have paid in lots of other places.

The event staff I spoke to, (I had a spare ticket to sell due to illness), were polite and helpful, and I got £40 I was not expecting.

I guess you can only base your comments on your own particular experience but this forum does seem to have been hijacked by a large number of moaners !!

Agree 100% with that. Any festival/event when you can stroll straight up to the bar and pretty much get a drink without having to scrum for 25 minutes (Radiohead, Victoria Park the other day) gets my vote. Great day I thought, but then we came by shuttle bus from Paddock Wood, so transport was not a problem. If you are coming by car, and I understand lots of people had no choice, you are going to be stuck getting out of the car park, as thousands of cars all try and leave at the same time, can't see a way round that. Took us about 5 hours to get away from Glastonbury one time.

Strummer/Jones

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Thanks For This Festival Empty re: Thanks for this festival - car park - drug dealers

Post  Pauld Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:15 pm

All the bands were first class and went together well. We (7 of us) all had a great day.
There's been a lot of stuff about the car parking. You can't do anything about the Hop Farm exit but you can do something about stewarding which would have cut down the anarchy from some of our fellow punters.
We had exactly the same problem at Clapton's Harewood House gig the week before. That was totally commercial. £50 for the ticket, £10 for the programme, not allowed to take in any food, drink or cameras.
If anyone knows who the two drug-dealers were who were selling pills to the unwary group of kids near us (30 metres from the stage just to the left of the sound tent, facing the stage) can you tell the organisers. We had to help get one of the girls in this group to the medical tent after she collapsed unconscious and eyes-rolling. They were 2 black guys dressed in black. One had a black polo-neck top, the other a black bomber-type jacket with a logo on the back.
I hope the girl survived.

Pauld

Back to top Go down

Post  oldraver Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:57 pm

Nice one Vince. Great line up..and as you have seen, you can't please 'em all.

Maybe they'd be better off with Will Young instead of Neil.

oldraver

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  traffordcat Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:59 pm

oldraver wrote:Nice one Vince. Great line up..and as you have seen, you can't please 'em all.

Maybe they'd be better off with Will Young instead of Neil.

Judging by some of the comments on here and the sour faces on Sunday, I think you may well have a point there! Very Happy

traffordcat

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  electrix101 Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:05 pm

I thought the event was great Neil Young was brilliant. I enjoyed all the bands Primal Scream less so but live music rules. The organisation inside was really good. I agree with The Philosopher King the security guys at the front were good willing to help with water etc. I was at the barrier on the left side for the whole gig on leaving once for the loo which I only had to queue a couple of minutes for. Was a bit annoyed at the parking but a lesson learned there would def go again, now where can I get a better waterproof jacket. Very Happy

electrix101

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down