Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 !

+6
jtourettes
jackethead
peterwales
Yer righ horse
CinnamonGirl
sundazed
10 posters

Go down

If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 ! Empty If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 !

Post  sundazed Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:46 pm

I'm puzzled by this. 'Curfew' usually means when the concert ends and it says on this site that curfew is at 23.15. The last train from Tonbridge is at 22.31 (Paddock Wood slightly earlier) and it's apparently a 15 minute trip from the festival site by bus.

If this is right there is NO CHANCE of seeing Neil and getting the train home!

Either that or there's an important piece of information missing on the web site i.e. what time Neil Young finishes playing (because it needs to be around 9.00 pm). Until we have that information no-one can arrange to travel by public transport. It'll be CHAOS! What a Face

Personally I'll be using my helicopter.

sundazed

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 ! Empty Re: If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 !

Post  CinnamonGirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:52 am

I received this email from See:

We thought you would be interested to know that See are running coaches
back to London from The Hop Farm after the show has ended.

In case you were not aware the last train back from Paddock Wood on Sunday 6th
July is at 22:23, so if you don't want to miss the ending and you live in
London then why not take advantage of this one way trip back to Paddington
Station as soon as the show has finished!

I believe the tickets are around £17

CinnamonGirl

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 ! Empty Re: If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 !

Post  sundazed Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:21 am

CinnamonGirl wrote:I received this email from See:

We thought you would be interested to know that See are running coaches
back to London from The Hop Farm after the show has ended.

In case you were not aware the last train back from Paddock Wood on Sunday 6th
July is at 22:23, so if you don't want to miss the ending and you live in
London then why not take advantage of this one way trip back to Paddington
Station as soon as the show has finished!

That would be helpful, if only I lived in London! Unfortunately I live in Southampton so it's not much good. It's amazing that special trains aren't being put on.

sundazed

Back to top Go down

Post  CinnamonGirl Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:41 pm

Oh dear..well I think your best bet is to camp overnight at Jackethead's camping party. If I didnt have a room booked in a nearby guesthouse, I would be doing the same.

CinnamonGirl

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 ! Empty Green Festival

Post  Yer righ horse Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:24 pm

This is crazy it is a festival which you can't get to by car (fuel shortage) and unless you live in Paddington there is no way of getting home.
What next a mystery password when you turn up at the gate that no-one knows??

Yer righ horse

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  peterwales Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Yer righ horse wrote:This is crazy it is a festival which you can't get to by car (fuel shortage) and unless you live in Paddington there is no way of getting home.
What next a mystery password when you turn up at the gate that no-one knows??

I'm sorry- this is the reason I'm giving this festival/concert a big miss. Just glad, that unlike some of you I've seen Neil before, but even friends of mine who were keen to go, have balked at this. Frankly, I think the organizers have treated people disgustingly in terms of transport arrangements; and let's face it they only relented on the "no food or drink to be brought in" after a bit of an (largelyon-line) outcry! You can't claim to be "green minded" but then expect everybody to drive, especially with high fuel costs, and then no camping laid on so the drivers won't be able to have a good drink, ( a whole day's music in the open air in the middle of summer, with only a beer or two??), the coaches back to London are not very convenient and prohibitavely expensive, train travel is a joke and an insult to the public who will attend. Best of luck to those of you who have organized coaches yourselves, and a camping festival, but sorry Mr.Power, for all your "no sponsorshio, no branding, etc. etc. ) this is just taking the p--- out of people!

peterwales

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jackethead Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Quite agree - obviously he fitted in a day off for Neil with a site already set up, but who runs a festival on a Sunday with no transport & no camping? Glad to see the no food ban overturned. people don't really get pissed off with corporate sponsorship - it's extortion they won't stand for. I'm only going because I'll be right on the doorstep that morning - and i love NY & MMJ !!

Not someone's best idea.

jackethead

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jtourettes Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:43 am

I'm gutted about the complete lack of acceptable travel arrangements. My girlfriend bought the tickets for me as she knew Neil young was on my 'artists to see before I (or they) die list'.

You'd think they'd be able to tie the festival running times in with the train times or at least harass the train co. to put on extra trains.

As it stands, what should have been a bargain day out is now going to require an overnight stay nearby or getting dumped in Paddington at some ungodly hour.

Disgraceful.

jtourettes

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

If curfew is 23.15 is that the time Neil Young finishes? Last train at 22.31 ! Empty Nearby accommodation???!!!! Hahahaha!

Post  fishbus Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:26 am

Well folks, I've tried for ages to find somewhere....anywhere 'nearby' and it ain't gonna happen!
The (ahem) nearest hotels/guest houses available are in Edenbridge - HA! and Maidstone - HA HA!!
I suggest you take a lead from chrisanddave and organize a coach/minibus yourselves......or join them (if you're coming from the Brighton/surrounding area - we are! Very Happy )
Don't let the crap transport 'arrangements' put you off...where there's a will, there's a way! Cool
Good luck!!!

fishbus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  sundazed Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm going to take my car, get outragously drunk and then sleep in my car.

"I can't pish off (hic), your mate on the furkin security sez (oh jesus) that I'm too smassht to (hic) drive and they've tekken me (burp) furkin keyz. Ommigod!!!!! (bleeearrrrghhh!!!) ohhhhh.... sorry mate." Suspect

sundazed

Back to top Go down

Post  mojocelery Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:44 am

To be fair, Vince did try and organise camping. The initial idea was to have a proper weekend festival with camping, but the local council didn't like the idea, so he's had to do the two seperate days. So it's the council you have the problem with, the Hop Farm has a license for camping, and there's even events like the War and Peace show where they have camping over at least 3 days, so it's a bit strange that the idea of a music festival wasn't much liked.

I live down the road and there are lots and lots of fields around the hop farm which could be camped in without too much hassle I reckon, there's even a school playing field nearby which I'm looking into to try and sort out for camping over the weekend.

mojocelery

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  John Barber Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:12 pm

fishbus wrote:Well folks, I've tried for ages to find somewhere....anywhere 'nearby' and it ain't gonna happen!
The (ahem) nearest hotels/guest houses available are in Edenbridge - HA! and Maidstone - HA HA!!
I suggest you take a lead from chrisanddave and organize a coach/minibus yourselves......or join them (if you're coming from the Brighton/surrounding area - we are! Very Happy )
Don't let the crap transport 'arrangements' put you off...where there's a will, there's a way! Cool
Good luck!!!

Thats the spirit ! this day will be like no other, I can't imagine letting a minor transport shortfall stopping any real muso from the awesome experience forthcoming, It's Summer, we got a long cold winter ahead... get out there and savour what is going to be a real blissfull day, GOOD LUCK AN ALL...Johnny B.

John Barber

Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Mook Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:40 pm

mojocelery wrote: I live down the road and there are lots and lots of fields around the hop farm which could be camped in without too much hassle I reckon, there's even a school playing field nearby which I'm looking into to try and sort out for camping over the weekend.

Any news on camping near the festival appreciated as we're thinking of heading down for the Boosh festival on Saturday too and are still yet to find anywhere? Thanks.

Mook

Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down