Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

camping for the festival

+6
paddys wink
Cassandra
Matt King
flinstone
pete77
jackethead
10 posters

Go down

camping for the festival Empty camping for the festival

Post  jackethead Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:39 pm

Please see my other post in the local camping thread.

if anyone wants to come to the party, please PM me.

Last edited by jackethead on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

jackethead

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

camping for the festival Empty camping

Post  pete77 Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi there
We are interested in camping for the saturday and sunday night, if you have any avaailability please could you let me know.
Ta
Pete

pete77

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

camping for the festival Empty Camping

Post  flinstone Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi there, there are 3 of us travelling down to the festival and would be interested in camping if possible. Let me know, cheers

flinstone

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt King Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:27 pm

There are two of us travelling up from Exeter and we would like to camp the Saturday and Sunday please.

Matt King

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

camping for the festival Empty Where can we camp?

Post  Cassandra Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:07 pm

We went down to check out the area yesterday - no camping available nearby and none at the Hop Farm for Mighty Boosh / Neil Young, although there was camping available for the VW show this weekend! We did ask at the Hop Farm and they gave us some unconvincing guff about stands not being ready, etc.

So, does anyone know of anywhere we can pitch a tent for a couple of nights? It doesn't have to have any facilities as we're happy with rough camping (but no fires, obviously). Are there any friendly farmers around willing to let us pitch up in a corner of a field? Anyone else found any likely spots?

Cassandra

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

camping for the festival Empty Re: camping for the festival

Post  paddys wink Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 pm

i am going to sleep in our car anywhere,i mean thet cant do you for it bloody pykies get away with it all the time.so why cant humans do it now and again??

paddys wink

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  bigvernon Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:28 am

paddys wink wrote: bloody pykies get away with it all the time.so why cant humans do it now and again??

You sound a right charmer, are you sure you're not going to the wrong gig?

bigvernon

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post  paddys wink Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:30 pm

yeh im sure liverlips and im real tuff too so careful

paddys wink

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  leongecko Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:02 pm

my friend and i are bringing a small tent and hoping to hunker down in a quiet spot and wait til first train from paddock wood about 5/6 in the morning. any one know of a spot nearby which doesnt have gun toting farmers?

leongecko

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodfart Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:41 pm

jackethead wrote:Please see my other post in the local camping thread.

30,000 pooh's lol... i bet you any money you like it will be the same as all his large festival appearances, 30,000 old hippies all singing along and clapping their hands out of time with the music when he isn't singing, a total waste of £50 and fuel to get there i definitely will not be there. i saw him at the Apollo and thank god he told the old hippies to shut the fk up as it was being recorded. was a nice intimate gig for a change. i can't think of anything worse than paying that sort of cash to see Neil young only to not hear him because you always end up surrounded by idiots who think you paid and travelled to listen to them clapping and singing! It's bound to be a terrible experience, and he hasn't even changed the set list that much throughout the whole tour which in my opinion is just lazy. keep on rocking in the free world...BORING!!!!!! My advice is avoid at all cost and save your money!!!!!

Bloodfart

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodfart Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Bloodfart wrote:
jackethead wrote:Please see my other post in the local camping thread.

30,000 pooh's lol... i bet you any money you like it will be the same as all his large festival appearances, 30,000 old hippies all singing along and clapping their hands out of time with the music when he isn't singing, a total waste of £50 and fuel to get there i definitely will not be there. i saw him at the Apollo and thank god he told the old hippies to shut the fk up as it was being recorded. was a nice intimate gig for a change. i can't think of anything worse than paying that sort of cash to see Neil young only to not hear him because you always end up surrounded by idiots who think you paid and travelled to listen to them clapping and singing! It's bound to be a terrible experience, and he hasn't even changed the set list that much throughout the whole tour which in my opinion is just lazy. keep on rocking in the free world...BORING!!!!!! My advice is avoid at all cost and save your money!!!!!
that's a lot of pooh... should be an impressive pile...

Bloodfart

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Bermuda Highway Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:22 pm

So, did anyone make it to jackethead's do?
I would've like t have gone but we couldn't make it happen, the Dead tribute band sounded interesting, the weather was great that night too.

Bermuda Highway

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jackethead Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:05 pm

i was there ... (obvoiusly). We got about 30 people from this forum, plus maybe another 140, and we had a great day. Everyone i spoke to said they'd enjoyed it, so I'd like to thank them for supporting us and even the minibuses worked out great - a cracking weekend.

thanks,
John

jackethead

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down