Hop Farm Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This year's Line-up

+30
jackethead
CinnamonGirl
Jethro
Strummer/Jones
MisterSoul
LJ77
TarantiniDust
Yer righ horse
mayer
thisisnowhere
Beas
BigJ
Gwil
EvilUrges
groover19
dave
Evil Elvis
Undertaker
highway61revisited
Number8
Jim
Gary
mick
cortez
Shauno Fox
rockininthefreeworld
The Philosopher King
Alexi
jimbhoy
Admin
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This year's Line-up Empty This year's Line-up

Post  Admin Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:51 pm

This year's line-up so far is Neil Young headlining with Primal Scream beneath him. Any updates will be posted here. Let your feelings known!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.hopfarmfestival.com

Back to top Go down

This year's Line-up Empty Re: This year's Line-up

Post  jimbhoy Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Admin wrote:This year's line-up so far is Neil Young headlining with Primal Scream beneath him. Any updates will be posted here. Let your feelings known!
the line up is beginning to look good,but to be honest its all about neil young for me,,we are travelling from scotland so really looking forward to getting awaY AND SEEING NEIL YOUNG AGAIN THIS YEAR, i know it will be a great day and the other bands will be great to,would love to see someone like neil casal added to the bill giving it a bit more of a country feel to it although alt country at that

jimbhoy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexi Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:50 pm

jimbhoy wrote:
Admin wrote:This year's line-up so far is Neil Young headlining with Primal Scream beneath him. Any updates will be posted here. Let your feelings known!
the line up is beginning to look good,but to be honest its all about neil young for me,,we are travelling from scotland so really looking forward to getting awaY AND SEEING NEIL YOUNG AGAIN THIS YEAR, i know it will be a great day and the other bands will be great to,would love to see someone like neil casal added to the bill giving it a bit more of a country feel to it although alt country at that

Good idea & would be nice to see but as a Kent resident & HUGE Neil Young fan i doubt it will happen.
The Hop Farm tries it's best to make money & i dont think this would happen with an alt county line up.
Supergrass - while good live - are an indie pop group & Primal Scream arent exactly country are they?
Id expect to see other 'commercial' bands playing & maybe Pegi Young supporting.
BTW - saw Neil at Hammersmith Odeon on 15/3 and it was AWESOME! Cant wait to go to this though afro

Alexi

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  The Philosopher King Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:46 pm

For me and my 3 car buddies, it is also all about Neil Young. As soon as I heard about it, I got tickets, knowing for a fact at least 3 other friends would want to go!

I'm an indie fan myself in general, with folk and country sympathies, so was always going to be a Young fan, but to see Supergrass added to the line-up is a great bonus. I've never been into Primal Scream - nothing against them, just not my personal thing, but I'm sure they'll be cool.

As a wild card of a suggestion, how about Riders On The Storm (Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger of The Doors, plus Ty Dennis on drums, Phil Chen on Bass and Brett Scallions carrying the vocal these days)? They always whip up a great atmosphere and Ray and Robby know Young from back in the day. In fact I believe Neil Young used to be John Densmore's neighbour for a while.

Or maybe some other original 60's psychedelic cast-offs, like Sky Saxon (The Seeds). Possibly Arthur Lee's last great line-up under the 'Love' band name, Mike Randall, Johnny Echols etc. etc.? Not quite nostalgia, but not quite 2008 either, any kind of line-up that celebrates the times and the places that are still just as relevant today as they ever were, will be wonderful I'm sure.

I'm certain Vince Power and his team will have great names showcasing what is going to be something brilliantly unusual - a festival of live music without the corporate BS we all have to tolerate most everywhere else. I can see why Young, as a principled artist, is doing this show.

Anyhow, as the 5th member of these boards, hello, nice to talk on here, and here's hoping I meet all 4 of you guys down in Kent. I'm coming in from Bolton (the one near Manchester with all the garlic bread in it for you Peter Kay fans) and can't wait for this!

Daniel
The Philosopher King
The Philosopher King

Number of posts : 25

http://genericblog34.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jimbhoy Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:59 pm

hello again,yeah i understand,primal scream not being country ,supergrass being indie,not my point ,my point being im thinking kent in the summer beautiful hot weather on a farm listening to neil young ,thinking this is just the vibe for that alt country thing say neil headlining,wilco,neil casal ,son volt,ryan adams,just a thought ,that would sell wont it,,,,,,,,neil alone would sell anyway,i would also like to meet all you guys in kent for a beer or two,,

jimbhoy

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  rockininthefreeworld Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 pm

I really hope they have signed up Hayseed Dixie to play. They are amazing on CD and even better live, and they fit in perfectly with the style of the festival. If you haven't heard them check out their myspace (http://www.myspace.com/hsdx).

And no I do not work for them, just a fan!

rockininthefreeworld

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Shauno Fox Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:24 am

Now I am not one for rumours, don't think it's right really, let the organisers do their job, i think we all agree it's a good start. I have however just left the pub and after a good chat with Richard Hawley, he really has convinced me he is not playing this particulalr gig. Now I don't know whether he was pulling my leg - he did come across as a jovial sort - but he did mention that he has a mate who reckons he heard that the Crazy Horse are currently fighting it out in a garage somewhere in Canada with Pearl Jam for the backing band.
No idea who Crazy Horse are, but apparantly Richard Hawley used to play with Pulp. Yeah right!

Shauno Fox

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

This year's Line-up Empty line-up

Post  cortez Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:38 pm

I still can't believe that NY is playing on my doorstep. I am actually hoping for the full on rock experience with Crazy Horse and would like to think this will also be reflected in the choice of supports.

cortez

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  mick Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Richard Hawley..... cheers

mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Loving the fact it's in Kent. I'm from East sussex (ooooh) but you know. It's doorstep type stuff.

Gary

Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:53 pm

"Primal Scream beneath him? affraid I hope he doesn't trample them too much! Smile

How about booking three young rising stars that go by the initials of C, S & N? Then they could do a couple of songs with NY before he does his solo set. I hope he does an accoustic set followed by an electric set like he did when I saw him in Hammersmith recently!

More folk oriented rock would go down well at this festival. Most people will be going for NY and will want to see acts in keeping with his roots. While I haven't got much against (or for) supergrass (run of the mill pop), and PS always sound good on the radio or TV, some Brit folk-rocker act representation would be good. Any of Fairport, Steeleye or their past or present members (e.g. Richard Thompson), or Bellowhead, or June Tabor (with Oyster Band, of course!), etc. Irish performers too ... e.g. Christy Moore. And there's a world of international folk-rock artists out there ... Joni M, Leonard Cohen (back on tour), and Paul Simon is playing the Cornbury festival on Saturday 5th ... it's only a short hop (pun intended!) for him to get down to Kent for the Sunday! I hope the budget for acts hasn't all been blown on NY with the result that more 2nd rate acts (in terms of drawing power) like PS and SG will be booked.

Looking forward to it ... as an ex-Sussex man, it's almost my stomping ground!

Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Number8 Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:16 pm

pearl jam at hops...that would make my day!

Number8

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexi Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:34 pm

Number8 wrote:pearl jam at hops...that would make my day!
PJ at the HF? Now youre talking! I think they would only really play as headliners, Mirror Ball was a long tima ago but hey, id love to see it!

Sorry but i had to chuckle at the previous post on not knowing who crazy horse are? Probably the best backing band but the band for this years tour were [[/i]very [i]good, all of them playing with Neil for at least 20 years+ off & on.
Pegi Young spported, with the same band, and was pretty cool too, wouldnt be surprised to see her play.
Would love to see C, S & N, Hayseed Dixie would be kool l & you guys have some good suggestions. I got me fingers crossed for a really long Neil set - want to see a jammed version of 'Cowgirl In The Sand' & 'Down By The River'

clown

Alexi

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Shauno Fox Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:10 am

The good dude Alexi made me feel a fool, so i googled Crazy Horse and goddamit there they were, right next to Neil Young and they did a few albums with him. Well, you can imagine the haste i proceeded to I-Tunes and spent a very worthwhile 7.99 English Pounds on Everybody Knows this is Somewhere. What a jolly good album, though i think i still prefer Harvest Moon and This Notes For You. Anyway, this note is for you Alexi; good call, and maybe that joker Richard Hawley does know a few things about music afterall, I am almost tempted to believe his protestations that The Band are defintiley reforming just for the day, nutter.

Shauno Fox

Back to top Go down

This year's Line-up Empty RE: This years line up

Post  highway61revisited Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:08 pm

It doesnt matter who else plays really as long as Neil Young is there, imagine how perfect it would be though if Bob Dylan was also playing, it would actually be so awsome that time itself would actually stop. Also Van Morrison, Leonard Cohen, Morrisey and Tom Waits would be ace to see as well.

highway61revisited

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:26 pm

NEIL YOUNG... FAB, Great, Tops!!

Next to be added was Primal Scream??

(Somebody was maybe smoke'n some SUPERGRASS when the next two bands got picked!)

Please just do not add CLIFF RICHARDS next.... it make as much sense as the others Laughing
Undertaker
Undertaker

Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://www.myspace.com/xxxstealthycatxxx

Back to top Go down

This year's Line-up Empty This years line-up

Post  cortez Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:38 pm

MY MORNING JACKET added . Is that a good thing or not i don't know them?

cortez

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Elvis Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:19 pm

My Morning Jacket are awesome. Well worth a listen.

Evil Elvis

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:44 pm

yippy skippy Crying or Very sad

who's next?? New Kids On the Block Razz
Undertaker
Undertaker

Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://www.myspace.com/xxxstealthycatxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  dave Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:52 pm

The Guillemots are playing too

http://www.myspace.com/guillemotsmusic

i say them at glastonbury last year and they were suprisingly good, i never rated them before

so now we know 5 out of 7,

dave

Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

This year's Line-up Empty Re: this years line-up

Post  cortez Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm still hoping for someone real rock 'n' roll

cortez

Back to top Go down

This year's Line-up Empty line up

Post  groover19 Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:20 pm

hello,

i dont know if anyone here from the promoters actually listen to the veiws of this forum but....

a perfect support band for this gig would be the felice brothers, if you havent heard them check them out, they have just released their second album so should be touring htis summer, and would be a perfect 'americana' type band to compliment Mr. Young (or Sir, as i call him!)

i cant highlight this band enough, they have a myspace page

groover19

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  rockininthefreeworld Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 pm

cortez wrote:I'm still hoping for someone real rock 'n' roll
me too. now they have confirmed morning jacket and the guillemots have self confirmed, im not holding my breath on the other two bands...

still, neil young and supergrass already justify the 50 quid so im not that bothered, it will just mean i dont need to leave as early to get there ha.

rockininthefreeworld

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

This year's Line-up Empty Re: this years line-up

Post  cortez Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Yeah i'd still be going if it was only NY playing.

cortez

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilUrges Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:40 am

cortez wrote:MY MORNING JACKET added . Is that a good thing or not i don't know them?

MMJ plaing is definitely a good thing. Gonna be some serious face meltage going on...

Oh, and hi - first post on the forum. Booked tickets today (only found out about it through the MMJ board, but am really looking forward to NY)

EvilUrges

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next